Nicely, below we are.
Weve reached the conclude(ish) of 2021 and it was .a yr.
Im not exaggerating at all when I explain to you that 2021 was, fingers down, the worst and hardest 12 months of my existence. My mom experienced a lifestyle-altering incident and practically died. I just about missing a different pricey good friend. The globe was in chaos and it appeared there had been horrifying news tales happening each and every other day. We dealt with the worst freeze our spot has at any time viewed and had been caught at home dealing with chaos and chilly for 9 times (numerous of those we experienced no h2o, possibly). We had multiple other crises come up that I wont even get into.
To put it basically, this yr was rather awful for me.
But, as I sit in this article at the conclude of December reflecting on the calendar year, I have to choose a instant to just be thankful.
I have a attractive household and the capacity to spend my time updating it.
My mother is still with us, even with all the odds (it is a reputable wonder).
I expended a whole lot of time operating on my working this yr and finished my initial fifty percent marathon.
My sweet boys are satisfied, healthy, and thriving.
I have a associate who has weathered all the storms with me this yr.
Issues are great. Were great!
I have experienced a difficult time experience celebratory when I mirror on this year, but inspite of anything daily life threw our way in 2021, we are all listed here, were all balanced, and were all continue to taking points just one stage at a time.
And seriously, that is all I can ask for, correct?!
So, currently Im going to take a minute to shake off all the awful that this year brought and admit all that we achieved. This is constantly 1 of my favored posts to write since I adore reflecting on all of the posts from the year, so I hope you delight in it also!
2021 Goals: How we did
At the beginning of each individual year, I write a article detailing our home ambitions for the calendar year. I often finish up forgetting what they ended up by the time the finish of the yr rolls all over, but it is generally enjoyment to see how considerably we attained.
- Include a fire to the residing area. Done! This was, fingers down, my incredibly favorite undertaking Ive ever completed. This fire feels like it has usually belonged in our living room and I simply cannot visualize our household devoid of it anymore. This job was shared on the site in 3 components simply click in this article for part just one, click on here for aspect two, and click below for the huge reveal!
- Complete replacing (virtually) all of the builder-grade lights. Whoops. If Im staying truthful, I never know if we changed any! Oh hold out we changed the admirer in our dwelling area with this lovely chandelier but that is it. I continue to havent made the decision what I want to do with the relaxation of the lights, but it’s possible well make it a priority in 2022!
- Make some exterior/landscaping development. Certainly attained this a single! This yr, we experienced three new trees planted in our backyard, and I designed a large playhouse camper for the young ones! We continue to have tons of items we want to do outdoors and we essentially have not touched the entrance of our dwelling but I sense fantastic about what we did this 12 months! I have some front lawn landscaping strategies in mind for the spring, so hopefully well keep on to inch ahead just about every year!
- Complete at least 4 tasks for other peoples properties. Very well, lets see. This year, I added an accent wall in a friends household, included an epoxy flooring and some board & batten in Parisas garage, and gave Parisas youngest daughter a room makeover. I was on observe to entire this goal in December with (a different) room makeover I have prepared with Parisa, but holiday (and other) chaos bought in the way and it got pushed to January. So, Ill give myself an A for effort in this article!
- Full 1 other large-scale challenge. Completed and finished! Other than the hearth and constructing the camper, we did a significant makeover in our lavatory, incorporating a skylight and supplying all the things a major refresh. The area nevertheless has a long way to go (someday Ill rip that shower out and start out contemporary!), but I appreciate it so considerably additional than I did at the beginning of the year!
All points deemed, I come to feel terrific about how we did on our property plans this 12 months! I have not even begun to assume about what our 2022 objectives may possibly search like, but what I do know is that I program to choose at minimum the initially half of the calendar year awesome and quick.
other 2021 initiatives
Of course, the projects I joined earlier mentioned arent all we did this year! Heres a brief roundup of a handful of other highlights from 2021.
And that, my pals, is a wrap on 2021 below on the blog site. Im having the rest of the yr niiiice and effortless. Ill be popping in on Instagram from time to time (be absolutely sure to keep an eye on tales if you want a peek at our article-Christmas family vacation!), but the weblog will be peaceful until finally January.
I hope you have a attractive Xmas and New Year Ill see you back again listed here in 2022!